Minecraft builder application
About the City world
The City world is an attempt to plan and build a city with an aim of being as realistic as possible. Builders have build permissions in the City world.
Requirements for being a builder
As we can’t just hand out permissions for all players that join, there are some requirements for you to meet to become a builder. These are:
- You must build something realistic, of good quality and which you would find in an actual city. Build it in our Creative world (when on the server, type /creative) for us to see. We are able to move it over to City world later. This can be a building, some cars, a semi-large boat, a park, or something else you would find in an actual city.
- Do not be offended if we provide feedback on your builds. We only give feedback to help you become a better builder.
- You must follow our City builder rules which can be found below.
Tips and tricks
To help you on your way we have included some tips and tricks below to help you build better:
- Don’t use redstone – it doesn’t need to work, it just needs to look good.
- Include depth on walls and roofs – don’t make them flat.
- Use more than one material. For example you can use wooden plank for floor, clay for walls and quartz for ceiling.
- Add lots of details.
- Use WorldEdit to build faster and do things you would normaly not be able to. See http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Quick_start to get started.
- Use YouTube – there are a lot of videos on YouTube that will help you. Our favorites are Keralis Inspiration series, GodCrafter, Andyisyoda and TheMulanProject.
- Join other servers to look for inspiration. We recommend play.keralis.net and mc.esterlon.com.
Below are some scales that we would like to stick to:
- Cars should be 3-4 blocks wide. Mirrors are not included.
- Floors in a building should be between 4 and 7 blocks tall.
City builder rules
As a builder, you must follow these additional rules:
- You are not allowed to copy others or modify what others have done.
- Build on plots marked with different colors of clay. If there is a sign for your plot, please read it and create something in line with it. You are always allowed to put cars on roads and boats on the sea.
- You will be a role model for other scouts since you are able to build in the city. Act like one aswell. 🙂
If you have any questions, please contact any ScoutLink Minecraft Team member.
Apply to be a builder
Contact any ScoutLink Minecraft Team member AFTER you have built something in creative world/server in line with the requirements above.