

ScoutLink Minecraft team meeting

Tuesday 17th May 2016 21:00 UTC

Minutes by Sheldor (Deputy Coordinator)

1 Attendance

1.1 Present

Lillelykke (Coordinator), Sheldor (Deputy Coordinator), CSmith (Developer), justdave (Developer), mumbles (Moderator), Waitee (Moderator), Kerrby (Moderator), Darren (Helper), dodgems (Birthday Boy)

1.2 Not present

Strike (Moderator), Ben (Moderator), rmtweb (Prospective Developer)

2 Approval of agenda items

All good

3. Approval of minutes of last meeting

All good

4. Recurring agenda items

4.1 Pocket Edition server (Sheldor)

Postponed

4.2 PMs/in-game mails

22:20:19 <~lillelykke> We just vote for 2-ways com.?

22:20:44 <+Waitee> well, is there objection?

22:20:47 <+mumbles> not here

22:20:53 <%CSmith> Nope

22:20:57 <~lillelykke> Nope
22:20:58 <+Kerryby> no
22:21:00 <+Waitee> nope
22:21:02 <~Sheldor> No
22:21:03 <%CSmith> Just needs sorting and testing
22:21:11 <~lillelykke> This implies scouts will not be able to talk privately together.
22:22:01 <%justdave> no objection on the vote

Two-way communications between scouts and admins only.

4.3 Server economy - Use economy in both survival and SkyWars? in combination with MysteryBoxes (<https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mysteryboxes-%E2%9E%A7-1-8-1-9-support-%E2%9E%A7-test-server-available.12330/>)?

22:36:46 <~lillelykke> Voting for trading plugin in survival world. Agree/disagree. Please vote now!
22:36:47 <+Waitee> well trading plugin doesnt make currency useless in survival
22:36:53 <+Waitee> agree
22:36:57 <~lillelykke> Agree
22:36:58 <+Kerryby> agree
22:36:58 <~Sheldor> Agree
22:37:08 <%CSmith> Agree
22:38:11 <+mumbles> yeh
22:40:03 <%justdave> work distraction this time. :| no objection to the trading plugin.

Look into trading plugin for survival.

22:40:24 <~lillelykke> ** Voting for allwoing currency in SkyWars world only. Agree/disagree. Please vote now!
22:40:28 <~lillelykke> Agree
22:40:38 <+Kerryby> Agree
22:40:44 <+mumbles> wagree
22:40:54 <%justdave> agree
22:41:28 <~Sheldor> Agree, but it should be brought up in next meeting
22:41:32 <+Waitee> agree
22:42:04 <%CSmith> Agree

Economy for SkyWars. Will discuss for survival in next meeting if demand is high.

5. Report from / input to ScoutLink Council meetings (lillelykke)

5.1 ScoutLink activity days

Reiterate to council.

5.2 ScoutLink activity badge

22:49:16 <~lillelykke> Next council meeting is 5.6.2016. I suggest we all read through the two posts and give some comments on it before the meeting.

6. New agenda items

6.1 Meetings vs. #minecraft-admin irc channels for decisions - Is it working ok?

22:57:26 <~lillelykke> I think we should stick with everything that might be controversial should be brought up on Discourse/team meeting.

22:57:34 <~Sheldor> Agree

22:57:41 <+Darren> Aye

22:57:48 <%CSmith> Sounds good

22:57:55 <+Darren> But also, Coordinator and Deputy are sensible enough to make decisions too :)

22:57:59 <%justdave> the sticky question is sometimes people don't realize something would be controversial until someone disagrees

22:58:00 <~Sheldor> Can we get people using Discourse more though? That seems to be a ScoutLink-wide problem :P

22:58:18 <%justdave> I think as long as you make that choice in good faith it shouldn't be a problem though

22:58:19 <~lillelykke> justdave: Hopefully someone will say "stop" then.

22:58:30 — %CSmith goes to install discourse on phone

22:58:42 <~Sheldor> There's no app :P

22:58:43 <+Darren> Well I don't think **any** decisions are made without a bit of discussion in here anyway

22:58:51 <~lillelykke> What about the frequency of meetings?

22:58:51 <+Darren> The webpage is responsive though

22:58:53 <%CSmith> Ah damn :(

22:59:06 <~Sheldor> The website is great on mobiles :)
22:59:09 <%CSmith> Right link to webpage it is then
22:59:14 <~lillelykke> Should we have more meetings or is this fine?
22:59:31 <~lillelykke> More meetings equals shorter meetings aswell.
22:59:42 <~Sheldor> Yeah this is fine, as long as people use Discourse more, and are more active in here when possible :)
22:59:47 <+Darren> I'd say once a month or more if necessary. If people use discourse more then that should cut down on what needs to be discussed in meetings
22:59:52 <%CSmith> I think we should see how much more discourse is used
23:00:22 <~Sheldor> Agree
23:00:27 <+Waitee> agree
23:00:53 <~lillelykke> Alright. I'll try to schedule a new meeting within the next two months then, according to the permissions and responsibilities document.

6.2 ScoutLink Minecraft Team moderator activity - Are there something we can do to make it more fun to be moderator?

23:01:16 <~lillelykke> This is NOT ment as critic!
23:01:21 <~lillelykke> Just to be clear.
23:01:33 <~lillelykke> I just see that some people are more active than others.
23:01:49 <~lillelykke> and I wonder - is there something we should do to make it more fun to be moderator?
23:02:30 <~lillelykke> Do you lack any permissions? Should we give you some specific tasks to do?
23:02:32 <%CSmith> But this depends on what they have going on. I would love to spend more time on server but I just can't :(
23:02:36 <~lillelykke> Or do you feel this is ok?
23:02:56 <+mumbles> i pop onto the server verrry occasonally i normaly check the irc log though
23:03:17 <+Kerryby> I'm happy the way it is.
23:03:32 <%CSmith> I'm happy
23:03:41 <~lillelykke> We do have few scouts now, so we are alright. But there will be more in the future and we would need more help from everyone in the team.
23:04:23 <~Sheldor> I think there needs to be more moderator activity in [#minecraft](#), people engaging with the scouts more whenever possible
23:04:42 <+Waitee> I have a lot of stuff going on and I play other games too. I'm on IRC often though and mostly free to help if there's anything
23:05:16 <%CSmith> I think a couple more moderators would be good. With the strict aim of engaging scouts more.
23:05:31 <~lillelykke> So there's nothing in the game you lack? e.g. permissions, specific tasks or something, which would make it more fun to be on the server?
23:05:42 <~lillelykke> CSmith: I do agree.

23:06:46 <+mumbles> lillelykke, as i said before - ive got a hole in the mountin base setup - dont normaly play non modded survival to know what to work towards
23:07:16 <~lillelykke> hmm. I see.
23:07:43 <~lillelykke> What we do need help with is building public things.
23:07:45 <~lillelykke> Modify the hub.
23:07:52 <~lillelykke> Help out with the city.
23:08:15 <~lillelykke> Do some conflict management when certain scouts make trouble. :p
23:08:18 <~lillelykke> and so on.
23:08:20 <~Sheldor> Also, engaging scouts in [#minecraft](#) doesn't require logging into the game :) I mostly use IRC from my phone so I can't physically log on, but still talk to the scouts
23:08:27 <~lillelykke> and engage scouts yes.
23:08:31 <+mumbles> yeh been trying to reember to read in [#minecraft](#)
23:08:36 <%justdave> I've not been around much - I usually join the server when I am, been playing in survival, and there tends not to be many people around at the same time when I'm on.
23:09:08 <~lillelykke> justdave: That's true. We need more people from US/AU.
23:09:33 <~lillelykke> Seems like we should search for more moderators when we get more scouts then, and be happy as it is now.

6.3 PvP in survival The End and Nether worlds?

PvP had to be turned off recently because of the trouble it caused.

23:12:59 <%CSmith> I think leave off for the time being, discuss again when we have bungee working
23:13:17 <~Sheldor> Agree with CSmith
23:13:32 <+Waitee> agree
23:13:51 <+mumbles> agree
23:13:59 <~lillelykke> I agree.
23:14:32 <+Kerrby> Yer agree
23:15:14 <%justdave> I agree with leaving it off

6.4 BungeeCord (Aspen)

6.4.1 Status?

23:18:06 <~Sheldor> So I suggest make a new todo list for Aspen (including getting it working), and a target date to go live at the end of the 2nd week of June?
23:18:26 <~Sheldor> 3rd week actually, target live date of 19th June?
23:18:25 <%CSmith> Works for me
23:19:35 <~lillelykke> Ok. Set the date for 19th of june as BungeeCord Aspen live.

6.4.2 Which games do we want?

23:20:00 <~lillelykke> Right now we have SkyWars.

23:20:12 <~lillelykke> Someone (I think CSmith?) added HungerGames.

23:21:31 <%CSmith> I think we should get bungee to the state the server is in now before we worry about games

23:21:40 <~lillelykke> That was my idea, but in my opinion I think SkyWars is enough for now.

23:21:48 <~Sheldor> Agree

23:22:08 <~Sheldor> We can add a Discourse post closer to the time

6.4.3 Essentials vs CommandBook

(<http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CommandBook>) - What happens with /seen? and how will this work when we have multiple Spigot servers?

23:24:04 <~lillelykke> The reason I'm bringing this up now is because it will be some work with permissions and what modifications CSmith need to make for his bot/plugin.

23:24:30 <%CSmith> I'll take a look when I work on it. And make a comparison between the two

23:25:03 <~lillelykke> ok. No comments from anyone else?

23:25:21 <~Sheldor> No

23:25:25 <+mumbles> nope

23:25:53 <~Sheldor> Something that needs to be worked out at the time

23:26:00 <~Sheldor> Testing, etc.

23:26:02 <~lillelykke> Ok. Developers will work on this then and do what's needed.

6.5 mcMMO (<https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mcmmo.2445/>) and Quests (<https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/quests.3711/>) for survival world?

23:31:23 <~lillelykke> I can start on working with those, but maybe it have to wait until BungeeCord works perfectly.

6.6 Anti cheat plugin - Do we need it? Which one should we use?

23:36:39 <%CSmith> I think a discourse thread to discuss this more. We don't know what our options are or what we want right now.

23:37:54 <~lillelykke> Ok. Making a Discourse thread about it.

7. AOB

7.1 23:38:54 <+Darren> So yeah just a short one.. can we start using minecraft@scoutlink.net instead?

23:41:04 <~Sheldor> I'm happy with it... lillelykke?

23:41:08 <~lillelykke> I'm alright with using minecraft@scoutlink.net, but I still want to point scouts to [#help](#) irc channel.

23:41:18 <+Darren> Yeah pointing them to [#help](#) is fine as you have access to that

23:42:57 <~Sheldor> Do I get access to help@ being on HaTT, Darren?

23:43:12 <+Darren> That's something to ask Tucker for

23:43:34 <~lillelykke> I suggest we talk more about this with HaTT.

7.2 23:44:04 <%CSmith> Minecraft teamspeak channel

23:49:43 <~lillelykke> Ok. Please talk to me and Sheldor, and we will sort out the permissions.

7.3 23:50:15 <+Kerrby> Automatic farming?

23:50:37 <~lillelykke> As long as it's within the rules of redstone it's okey.

23:51:00 <~lillelykke> ** Meeting done. :)